Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The family is doing great!

Hi All,

Someone asked me how everyone is doing recently via email and I realized that I should probably update our blog with the latest. So he's what I shared:

Family is great, thanks for asking. Baby Tilden has is first two bottom teeth now. He gets in his walker and there is no safe place in the entire HOUSE! – several bumps on the noggin to show for it too. We think he’ll be crawling pretty soon, but we’re in no hurry. He’s got plenty to say, but no recognizable words. We’ve figured out ‘hello’ is his reaching out to your face, either from his walker, or if he’s facing the other way he’ll reach backwards and keep a hand resting on your cheek. Good stuff.

Big brother, Tommy, is the best ever! He’s really gotten into working with Tilden and enjoying the whole process of watching him grow up. AND he’s doing quite well in school AND he’s about to break up with his first Florida girlfriend (works fast after only having lived here for a few months). 

Mother, Tam, is doing quite well. She’s decided to put off working for a while and make more one-on-one time with Tilden for now. It took her a while to adjust to being a homemaker, but she’s really starting to enjoy it now. She’s got herself a couple of mother’s groups she visits a couple of times a week and has gotten a pretty nice routine.

Me… I really couldn’t be happier for now. With the whole transition to FL behind us – the most amazing success story ever... I’m finding that I work with excellent folks. And I’m challenged with a new area of work (Bid & Proposal and IR&D stuff), as lead engineer, so I’m pretty busy and pretty content. I’ve even been offered a couple of SEIT lead positions, so I must be making the right impressions… But, truth be told, my primary pleasure in life these days is the first five minutes after I get home and get a kiss and hug from the family – wife, kids, dog, and yeah, even the cat.

Further, we’ve even got an extended holiday practically. My grandparents are going to be out to visit from CA in just a couple of days – it’ll be their first time meeting Tilden and they couldn’t be more excited. They’re going to introduce us to family we didn’t know we had while they’re out – unreal. My Aunt Jan and Uncle Doug are also coming from MI to FL for a visit – got a screaming deal on some weekend tickets. So we’re looking forward to having some time with them. AND my mom is getting out here from OR for another visit – I think she’s gonna’ make some real progress teaching Tilden how to play cards this time.

So, all-in-all, things are busy and things are good. (Sorry if it seems I’m gushing, but times aren’t always so good, so it’s nice to have a memory to go back to when the waters are choppy.)

Hope everyone else is staying warm - you're all welcome any time... I think we're having a bit of a cold spell though - high 60's this week.

Cheers,
-ty

No comments: